on the future and MMIs

It has been a while since I had last posted, but the reason is as always - I had been too busy. Well, time to catch up a bit. I felt like sharing some of personal the news for those of you who have been following me since the beginning (others are welcome to read, but if you skip I will not send the Dark Knight of Death with a rusty ax after you, you have my word. Also, you will not lose any precious advice, since I just mumble about my humble self this time).

So, the news (trumpets, please): In late March I will be doing the MMI interview at one of the best Canadian Medical Schools (this, let alone midterm exams, has been keeping me quite busy).

As a forecast for this blog, I can predict at least one or two more posts about the MCAT, after which I will start a series about submitting your applications. These will talk about writing a killer CV, an exquisite autobiographical letter/sketch, and making sure you don't screw up with references.

Then I will follow up with interview preparations, tips, hints, my own experience and more stuff about the MMI. I hope to cover everything from what you should wear to how to answer the mean/odd/unexpected questions.

Later, albeit out of chronological order, I will be talking about extracurricular experiences, my own and other peoples', research, sports, etc. I will try to get somebody who had done each one of these to describe it in their own words.

Finally, this blog will have 2 possible outcomes. Very soon I will know whether I got in or not. If I do get in, I will (and here I am a bit hesitant whether to get a new blog or keep posting to this one) start posting about my life as a med student. If I do not get accepted, I will keep writing about "getting in" as I struggle one more year until I do get in. Some things are just meant to be. One wants to think.

Stay tuned.

Enjoyed the article? Subscribe to getting into medical school and then... to get updates on my advice of getting in as well as stories from my medical student perspective. You'll also get the warm fuzzy feeling of tapping into a pertinent knowledge source.

Your email:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm just wondering since you came from the cegep stream, do the med schools look at your cegep marks or your BSc marks? Or Both?

coco jumbo said...

hi I am awaiting your post on preparing "kick ass" CV.

premedc said...

Hey Mullah,

Right now I am in the final exam period until April 22nd, so it has been quite hectic for me to post. However, I will get to writing as soon as I write my last exam.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your medically inappropriate, scientifically inaccurate or purely subjective opinion.